On the last weekend of October, First Presbyterian Church hosts the annual Scottish Festival. This two-day festival is fun for the whole family!
Saturday will hold a large community festival celebrating the Scottish heritage of the church.
– Highland Dance Competition (10:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
– Bake Sale with Scottish shortbread (10:00 AM – 6:00 PM)
– Kids Korner (10:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Magic Show at 1:30 PM)
– Box Lunches (11:30 – 1:30 PM)
– Cottage Pie Dinner (5:00 – 6:00 PM) Reservations required.
– Salt Lake Scots Bag Pipe Concert (6:30 PM) – and more!
On Reformation Sunday, the last Sunday in October, First Presbyterian Church hosts a special worship services(9:00 am & 11:00 am) called The Kirkin’ o’ Th’ Tartan (which loosely translates to “Blessing of the Clans”). During this service, representatives from each Scottish Clan in the Salt Lake Area presents their clan’s tartan to be blessed by the pastor. The service also features bagpipe music, celebratory hymns, and Psalms recited in Old Scots’ Tongue.
Please join us for this great community festival celebrating our Scottish heritage! Admission is free and all events are open to the public.